Volubilis covers more than 10 centuries of history: from the 2nd century BC to the foundation of Fez, at the end of the 8th century. It will then survive until the 14th century in the Marinid era.
Originaly Berber then Romanized, the city of Volubilis will be abandoned by the Romans towards the end of the 3rd century after D-C. It was later inhabited by a Christian community. Later, at the arrival of Islam in Morocco, the city will be Muslim and inhabited until the eleventh century.
The city was abandoned and very well preserved until the eighteenth century, when a large earthquake seriously damaged Volubilis. A gripping visit!
- Bab Mansour
- Place de la Place El Hédim et la médina de Méknès
- Musée Dar Jamai
- Merdersa Bouanania
- Volubilis visit optional (roman’s ruines)
- Pick up from and to the hotel
- Transfer from and to Casablanca 2ways with AC ans confortable minivan or minibus
- Trained and qualified driver whom will provide full explanation of the sites that you will visit by your own
- Drinks and meals
- Potential site’s visit fees